Wild Animal Small World Set 2 Including Large Play Tray
This pictured wild animal small world set contains:
One large custom made play tray
6 realistic wild animal figurines
3 sensory bases
5 pebbles (colours and sizes will vary)
7 leaf shapes (colours and sizes will vary)
2 wood slices
2 wooden rings
To care for your play tray and ensure it lasts a long time we recommend you service your play tray with your choice of a child safe/food grade oil/finish as needed such as beeswax or coconut oil. This will help to maintain its surface and also to prevent your tray from drying out and getting damaged and cracking or splintering. We have not added this to trays so that you are able to decide on what you would like to use as personal preference for the lifetime of your play tray. If you would prefer we oil your product for you, we are happy to do so but please ensure you contact us and arrange this prior to purchase.
Please note our play trays are custom made and hand crafted from start to finish in our own work shop. Our play trays are made to order so please be prepared to wait approximately 2-5 business days from time of purchase for it to be made and be shipped.
Why is sensory play important?
Research shows opportunities to engage in sensory play support children's learning and development in many ways. The following are some key benefits sensory play provides:
- It's engaging and fun!
- Children want to play, explore and investigate through their sensory play
- Promoting cognitive growth and brain development - growing nerves in the brain and building stronger neural pathways.
- Developing fine and gross motor skills
- Supports children to engage in age appropriate mindfulness activities and to regulate - calming them when they become anxious or frustrated
- Improved memory skills
- Supports children to develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity.
- Supports children to develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, inquiry, experimentation, hypothesizing, researching and investigating
- Provides opportunities for children to transfer and adapt what they learned from one context to another
- Promoting language development
- Encouraging scientific thinking and problem solving
- Opportunities for self discovery
- Children are intrinsically inspired and motivated to play
- Increases attention span
- Sensory play is also very beneficial for children on the Autism Spectrum and sensory processing disorder
Please note: If wood slices are out of stock, we will exchange these with our hand made round wooden discs to prevent further delays with your order.
All play trays are a wooden product which means each one will be unique with its own wood grain, knots and general look. Your product will not look exactly like this pictured tray as it will have it will have its own individual natural characteristics. Refunds and returns will not be given on this basis as it is part of purchasing a natural wooden product and the tray’s aesthetics are not a fault of the product.
This product is wooden and should be kept dry and not wet to protect and preserve the timber, it is not suitable for any type of wet products or water play which will damage the tray.
Warning: Choking hazard. This product is only suitable for children aged 3 years old and above. This product is not to be used with children under 3 years of age or children who put items/objects into their mouths as it contains small parts which can be a choking hazard.
Direct parental supervision is required during play and use of this product. The play tray should be checked each time prior to use and must be discarded immediately if you find any damage, splintering or other safety concerns.
Disclaimer and Child Safety:
The Play Emporium does not take any responsibility or liability in any damages, injury, accident or illness that occurs from or during use of toys and products sold: The purchaser of all products agrees that it is the parent and/or guardian of the child's responsibility to ensure all products and toys are in safe to use condition and parents and/or guardians are to directly supervise children at all times and ensure the safety of children and all others using our products and toys.
If products and toys show any sign of damage or safety concerns they should be discarded immediately. Our toys and products should not be used for any other purpose or in any other way than what they are intended for. Only children aged 3 years and older and who do not put items in their mouth during play should be allowed to play with any products and toys sold by The Play Emporium.