Fish Small World Sensory Play Kit 1
This pictured fish small world set contains:
6 realistic fish figurines
3 taste safe sensory bases
3 pebbles (colours and sizes will vary)
1 wooden pretend log that can also be used as a tool to move the sensory bases around the tray for a great opportunity for fine motor development
2 wooden people
3 mini pine cones
1 wooden tree
Please note: if we are sold out of the fish figurines pictured in this item listing, you will be sent the fish figurines pictured for our Fish Set 2 product listing instead.
Please note that this listing is for the small world play kit only WITHOUT the wooden play tray. If you would like to purchase our large custom made wooden play tray it is available together with the kit as a discounted bundle on another product listing and you can also purchase the tray on its own.
Why is sensory play important?
Research shows opportunities to engage in sensory play support children's learning and development in many ways. The following are some key benefits sensory play provides:
- It's engaging and fun!
- Children want to play, explore and investigate through their sensory play
- Promoting cognitive growth and brain development - growing nerves in the brain and building stronger neural pathways.
- Developing fine and gross motor skills
- Supports children to engage in age appropriate mindfulness activities and to regulate - calming them when they become anxious or frustrated
- Improved memory skills
- Supports children to develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity.
- Supports children to develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, inquiry, experimentation, hypothesizing, researching and investigating
- Provides opportunities for children to transfer and adapt what they learned from one context to another
- Promoting language development
- Encouraging scientific thinking and problem solving
- Opportunities for self discovery
- Children are intrinsically inspired and motivated to play
- Increases attention span
- Sensory play is also very beneficial for children on the Autism Spectrum and sensory processing disorder
Please note: The wooden tree included in your kit will be either our wooden spruce tree or wooden pine tree depending on stock available. If you require a specific tree then please contact us directly prior to placing your order to confirm it is in stock.
Warning: Choking hazard. This product is only suitable for children aged 3 years old and above. This product is not to be used with children under 3 years of age or children who put items/objects into their mouths as it contains small parts which can be a choking hazard.
Direct parental supervision is required during play and use of this product. All items should be checked each time prior to use and must be discarded immediately if you find any damage, splintering or other safety concerns.
Disclaimer and Child Safety:
The Play Emporium does not take any responsibility or liability in any damages, injury, accident or illness that occurs from or during use of toys and products sold: The purchaser of all products agrees that it is the parent and/or guardian of the child's responsibility to ensure all products and toys are in safe to use condition and parents and/or guardians are to directly supervise children at all times and ensure the safety of children and all others using our products and toys.
If products and toys show any sign of damage or safety concerns they should be discarded immediately. Our toys and products should not be used for any other purpose or in any other way than what they are intended for. Only children aged 3 years and older and who do not put items in their mouth during play should be allowed to play with any products and toys sold by The Play Emporium.